Did you give your iPhone to your baby, or to your little niece or nephew? And, sadly, he/she has tried unlimited wrong passcodes to open your iPhone disabling it forever. Certainly, it is an intimidating situation, for none of us want anything bad to happen to our cellphones.
Now, all you want is to dig into your phone immediately. So, don’t worry! You have clicked on the right article. Your only option factory reset your iPhone, as you don’t have access to it anymore. Here, I will tell you about the methods and techniques through which you can factory reset your iPhone without using a passcode.
You need a factory reset in various situations:
- You don’t remember your passcode.
- You want to sell your iPhone and erase its data.
- You have just brought a pre-loved iPhone, and it is locked.
- Some feature of your iPhone is malfunctioning or your phone is lagging. Factory reset is an outstanding way of troubleshooting your iPhone to restore its protentional.
How to Reset iPhone Without Using Passcode
There are several different strategies through which you reset your locked phone without a passcode. However, you have to keep one important thing in your mind that after resetting your iPhone, you will lose all of its data including pictures, contact numbers, documents, etc. nevertheless, after the reset, you can restore your data if you had, previously, baked it up to iCloud or iTunes. So, let’s start
How to Reset your iPhone without passcode using iCloud:
This is the simplest way of resetting your iPhone if you can’t use your passcode. However, you can only use it if you have formerly enabled the option of “Find my iPhone”. It is Apple’s device tracking service that allows you to reset and wipe out your iPhone without using a passcode for it. You only need your iCloud account and password. So, follow these steps:
- On your computer, go to the iCloud website. You can use this link to access iCloud on your computer.
- Now, log in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and password. (You don’t need to enter your phone’s lock screen passcode here.)
- Now, select “Find my iPhone” from the home page.
- A map of all your Apple devices will appear on your screen. Select “All Devices” at the top.
- A list of your devices will be shown. Therefore, select your phone which you want to erase.
- Continue by clicking on the “Erase iPhone”. Now confirm your choice, and your iPhone will be restored to its default condition. Remember, your phone should be connected to the internet for this process.
- A confirmation message will appear, click on Erase.
- You can restore your data if it was previously backed up.
How to reset your iPhone using iTunes or Finder
To proceed with this method, you need to have a Mac or PC. You will have to use Finder if you have Mac. while, if you have a PC, you will have to use iTunes. If you don’t have iTunes on your pc, then you will download it from the official website and install it.
In this method, you need to put your iPhone into recovery mode.
How to put your iPhone into recovery mode
- Begin by connecting your iPhone with your computer using a USB cable.
- Once your iPhone is plugged in, turn it off
- Now, you will have put your iPhone in recovery mode by pressing the following buttons:
For iPhone X and later models: Press & quickly release the volume up button, and then press & quickly release the volume down button. Now, press and hold the power button until you see the recovery screen. Follow the same procedure for iPhone SE (second generation).
For iPhone 7 and earlier models: Press the top button or side button along with the volume down button. Release both buttons when you see the iPhone recovery screen.
For iPhone 6 and earlier models: Press and hold the Home button and side button. Keep holding both buttons and release when you see the recovery screen.
- Now recovery mode will appear on your iPhone screen. If recovery mode didn’t appear, follow the same process again.
- The charging cable on your iPhone screen indicates the activation of recovery mode.
- Once recovery mode is activated, get going by launching iTunes or Finder on your Mac or PC.
- If you are a Mac user, then click on your iPhone name in the left sidebar of Finder.
- If you’re using a PC, then you will have to click the iPhone icon in the upper left corner of iTunes.
- Now a message saying that there is a problem with your iPhone will pop up on your screen with the “Restore” and “Update” options.
- Hit Restore, and reset will start on your iPhone. Keep your iPhone connected to the computer during the whole reset. It may take 15 to 20 minutes. After restoration, your iPhone will be set up to its default condition.
How to reset iPhone to factory settings using 3rd part app/software
Is resetting your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud inconvenient to you? Don’t worry, other 3rd part iPhone restore and apps and software are out there that can do your job easily. Some best examples are: “íMyFone”, “Dr.Fone”, “Tenorshare 4uKey”, “Fonecope”.
Here I will explain the step-by-step process of resetting the iPhone by using the third-party app Dr.Fone-Screen unlock.
- Run Dr.Fone on your computer.
- Hit Screen Unlock from the app’s home page.
- Next, connect your iPhone to the computer using an original USB cable.
- Ensure that your iPhone is turned on.
- Now, hit Unlock iOS Screen to put factory reset into operation.
- On the display screen, the app will seek permits to activate DFU mode.
- Now continue by following the instructions based on your iPhone model.
- After selecting your iPhone’s model and other particulars, hit the Start button.
- Now firmware will start downloading. Once downloading is finished, click on Unlock Now.
- Finally, Confirm the operation. It will reset your iPhone and remove the screen lock. You will lose your data, but you will be to dig into your phone once again.
You can use any of the above strategies to effectively reset your iPhone even if it is locked. All of these methods finish by erasing the data of your iPhone. It is certainly a good thing because if somebody steals your iPhone, he/she can never miss-use it. They will have to erase all data in order to get access to your phone.