Android phones are widely available all over the globe. People who have smartphones are mostly android users and often stuck with the question of how to clear a clipboard on android? But no worries, here we will let you know the answer.
You can judge Android’s popularity by that almost every big brand makes an android phone. Android phones are easy to use and people get familiar with their interface very soon. The OS is designed to be compatible and more adaptive.
It does not take a lot of effort to understand the software. Android Smartphones are available in almost all price ranges which makes them readily available for everyone. Being user-friendly and affordable are not the only specifications in a smartphone. Most android phones have cameras, touchscreens, and other important specifications.
What is Clipboard
Among the other features, the most basic yet most important feature is Copy and Paste. It is the most used feature and also most required too. It is not necessary that anybody who has a professional obligation to copy stuff from places but anybody who likes something wants to save it for themselves.
In android, you can copy pictures, links, and texts. Clipboards are the place that saves your copied content before you paste and save it somewhere else. The Clipboards still keep your copied content in it unless it is replaced by something new. This clipboard feature is a blessing when you forget something to paste and save but it keeps it for you.
How to Copy & Paste in Android
If you are using an android phone for the first time then there are chances that you might need guidance to copy and paste. It is really simple as it is a very basic feature in android. Android usually keeps these features easy and understandable for its users. Following these steps, you can copy and paste your materials anywhere you want,
- By long-pressing on the desired content, you can select the text.
- Then by adjusting the handles you can choose the wanted material and also can select all.
- You can now by long pressing on the chosen space paste the content.
Knowing these important tips and tricks can help you in copying and pasting texts.
- Most likely things that you have copied and not pasted will vanish after the restart.
- It is highly likely that the first item can be erased if you copy another item without pasting the first one.
- You can copy the link by long-pressing on the URL.
Tracing Clipboard Folder in Android
On Stock Android, there is no other way to access it except for viewing it. You can see what’s in your clipboard by long pressing on any text field. There is as such no clipboard folder that you can access through.
Though on a Samsung device, for example, on pressing text-field for a while, a popup shows up of a clipboard. You can have a list of multiple notes you have saved before while tapping. In case, you are a Samsung phone user, tap the arrow over the top right for additional functions.
How to clear Clipboard on Stock Android
Clipboard only has a capacity that is provided by the phone and that can vary from one smartphone to another. Limited capacity makes every user choose wisely of what to keep and discard. Although clipboard files do not occupy much space they do affect the phone’s performance. Here are the ways that you can clear the clipboard of your android phone,
- Navigate to the messaging or any app that lets you copy content.
- Long press on anywhere, drag the slider to what you want to copy.
- In the next step, choose the “Copy” Option.
- As mentioned earlier, the old one will be replaced whenever you copy a new one.
There are multiple ways and tricks to clear your clipboard as android is a very versatile Operating system. You can get one thing done in a different way. There is another way with which you can clear your clipboard. You can clear your clipboard through the Phone Settings option,
- At first, hover to the phone “settings” and then go to any app to copy whatever you want.
- Secondly, long press on anywhere, drag the slider to what you want to copy.
- Third, choose the “Copy” Option.
- Finally, the newer copy will replace the older one.
How to clear Clipboard on Android | Samsung Smartphones?
Samsung phones also have Operating Software for Android but sometimes its interface is different from stock versions of android. The process is still simple and won’t take much of your time. You can clear the clipboard of your phone by these methods,
- Open any app that text field.
- Press inside the empty space on the text press and select Clipboard.
- The list of copied clipboard contents will be shown. Press the Menu icon (three dots or arrow) from the right corner of the text area.
- Select the Delete icon available at the bottom to delete all the clipboard contents.
- On the pop-up, click on Delete to clear all the unselected clipboard contents.
Since you are aware of the process you should be aware of some tips and tricks for the future.
- Always choose files that you want to delete. Deleting a file will erase it permanently and can’t be restored.
- Keep your batteries fully charged while deleting process, you have to start from the beginning if your battery dies halfway.
- You should do this process quite frequently as there are some files that can affect your phone’s performance.
In the end, by following these above-mentioned steps you can easily clear your clipboard. The clipboard is a feature of android which need a lot of recommendation and is highly functional. It is very important to save data from one source to another.
Managing a clipboard is also essential too, now with this guide you can easily manage it. You can clear unwanted data from your clipboard. Clearing the clipboard won’t just empty some space but can clear caches from your phone too.