Have you just missed your important morning class because the iPhone alarm was not working?
This small Alarm App to which we pay little heed on normal days is of crucial importance in our everyday life. As, it can be a very irritating and frustrating situation for us when our Alarm stops making sound and we miss our important, task, class, or meeting.
So, if you are going through such a situation, then this article is for you. Here, I will be explaining ways and methods of fixing non-functional Alarm on your iPhone. we will also learn about the possible reasons due to which the Alarm has stopped working. hence, without waiting further, let’s dive into the article.
iPhone Alarm Not Working | How to Fix
1. Increase the Ringer Volume
One possible reason behind the non-working Alarm might be low or silent Ringer volume on your iPhone. sometimes, maximizing the volume by just using the side buttons might not be enough. For, side buttons are designed to control various sets of volume.
For example, if you turn up the volume while watching a video clip on YouTube, it will only turn up the volume of that video. And the ringer volume of the Alarm will stay as it was before. So, if the Alarm was in silent mode, it will remain silent even after increasing the music volume. Hence in order to make sure that Alarm volume is high, you should confirm it from the Settings.
- Tap on Setting
- Choose Sound & Haptics
- Under Ringer and Alerts section controls the volume of the Alarm, drag it to the right to make the Alarm sound louder.
- You can also disable the Change with Buttons key beneath the Ringer & Alerts slider. By doing so, the sound of the Alarm will not be affected by the Volume buttons.
2. Make sure None is not selected as Alarm sound
Apple offers a list of Tones that you can select for your Alarm. And, at the bottom of that list, there is an option of None. If this option is selected on your iPhone, then it will not play any sound. Sometimes, you can choose it accidentally. Hence, you need to make sure that None is not selected as the Alarm sound.
- Open the Clock App
- Choose Alarm from the menu at the bottom of the screen
- If you are running iOS 15, Tap on an Alarm that is not making any sound. And, if your iPhone is running older software, then Tap on Edit first, then choose the non-working Alarm.
- Now tap on Sound
- Make sure that the tick icon is not adjacent to None
- If None is selected, then Tap on any other sound from the list. You will see a tick adjacent to the selected sound.
- Finally, Click on the Save option to save the alarm.
3. Toggle on The Snooze
Make sure to enable the snooze option on your iPhone, it resets your Alarm after a short so that you don’t miss any important event or class. In order to Snooze, an Alarm on your iPhone follows these setups.
- Open the Clock app
- Go into Alarm
- Tap on the Alarm that you want to snooze
- Finally, toggle on the Snooze switch.
- When it is switched on, you will see a snooze key on your display which will allow resetting your Alarm at short intervals of time.
4. Set your Alarm on Repeat
You need to Review the Repeat Settings of your Alarm to schedule it on a daily basis or every Monday/Tuesday according to your needs.
- Open the Clock app
- Choose Alarm
- Next, select the Alarm that you want to set on Repeat.
- Now Tap on Repeat and schedule it daily or on certain days from the given list.
5. Delete and Reset the Alarm
There might be some Setting or something else that is preventing your Alarm from making any sound. Now that you remember that thing, the best option is: delete that Alarm and add a new one in its place. Follow these steps:
- Open the Clock App
- Select Alarm from the bottom of the screen
- Next, swipe the faulty Alarm from right to left. You will see a Delete option, tap it to permanently delete that option.
- Now, click on the plus icon at the upper right corner of your screen to add a new Alarm.
6. Uninstall third-party Alarm Apps
The use of more than one Alarm app at the same time can result in various issues and conflicts. Third-party Apps are not well suited to your iPhone and need constant updating.
Whereas the default alarm app is bound to overall update your iPhone. Hence, delete all third-party Alarm apps and stick to the pre-installed Clock app to avoid such issues. Follow these methods to uninstall third-party apps on your iPhone:
- Press and hold the icon of the app that you want to delete from your iPhone.
- Now click on the Remove App from the appeared menu.
7. Disconnect Bluetooth Speakers or Headphones
Most of the time, your Alarm app play sound but you don’t listen to it because your iPhone was previously connected to a Bluetooth speaker or headphone. And it can remain connected if you don’t turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone.
Similarly, if Bluetooth is turned on, your iPhone can automatically connect itself to that headphone. Therefore, make sure that your iPhone is not connected to any Bluetooth device.
Go into settings, Tap on Bluetooth. Then turn off the switch next to Bluetooth. You can also turn off Bluetooth from Control Centre by clicking on the Bluetooth icon.
8. Choose a louder Alarm Sound
Another smart tip is that you must always choose a louder Alarm sound for your iPhone. Some tones are quieter, hence if your iPhone is placed at a distant location then you won’t listen to it.
- Go to Clock App
- Choose Alarm
- Tap on the Alarm that you want to edit.
- Go into Sounds
- Now review all Alarm sounds and pick the loudest one for your Alarm.
9. Review Date and Time Settings
Another possible behind the non-working alarm is inaccurate time on your Alarm. If so, your Alarm will play a sound at the wrong time, and you miss the actual event/meeting. In order to review Time:
- Open Settings
- Go into General
- Next, choose Date and Time
- Now carefully select the Time zone depending on your area. Also, toggle on the Set Automatically switch, it will improve the time zone accuracy with the help of Location Services.
10. Restart/Reboot your iPhone
Similarly, if you have Face ID, hold down the power and volume button. Swipe the slider, and then turn on your iPhone after a few seconds. This simple technique can restore your Alarm.
11. Install the Latest Software Update
Running an older version of iOS might also result in a non-working Alarm. There is a chance that the Alarm app is not compatible with the older software. Furthermore, installing the latest software will bring new improvements to iPhone and clear bugs and glitches.
12. Reset all Settings on your iPhone
If your Alarm is still not working, then a complete Reset of Settings should be your next option. Sometimes, there might some deeper software glitches that can not be cleared by restarting or updating.
Hence you need to Reset your iPhone in order to get rid of those glitches. Once you Reset All Settings, everything in the Settings will be restored to factory or default condition.
13. Reset your iPhone handset in DFU mode
If everything fails, then restoring your iPhone in DFU mode can prove to be the savior. It is the deepest way of refreshing and calibrating your iPhone that allows you to clear software flaws and bugs including the major ones.
14. Professional Repair
If your Alarm is still not making any sound; it means that you are having some hardware issues. For example, if the speaker of your iPhone is damaged it won’t play any sound. Take your iPhone to any mobile workshop to get your problem fixed.
Congratulations, you have successfully fixed your Alarm. Now you can sleep without worrying about your next day’s meeting or class.