Are you wondering how to hide text messages on your iPhone? If so, you’re reading the right article. If you want to find out how to hide text messages on your iPhone, there are many ways to do so. Firstly, you can manage your notifications. Secondly, you can also filter notifications or use secret messaging apps. Below, we will explain all the methods to hide messages on iPhone.
How can you hide notifications on your iPhone?
If you want to hide text messages, the first thing you can do is hide notifications. You can either shut off notifications altogether or only choose to hide notifications of specific apps. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Notifications. When you tap on this option, you will see all the apps on your iPhone that give notifications.
- For turning off all notifications, tap on Show Previews. After that, tap on Never. Alternatively, you can also tap on When Unlocked. This will only show messages when you unlock your phone.
On the other hand, if you only want to turn off notifications from the Messages App, then:
- Go to Notifications and find Text Messages in the apps.
- Turn off Allow Notifications
However, you can also send your notifications to the Notification Center. You can scroll down to the Notification Centre and as a result, notifications won’t show unless you tap it.
How can you hide text messages from specific people?
Secondly, if you don’t want to stop all text messages notifications but only from specific people, like text message chains, here is what you do:
- Tap on the message you don’t want to see in the chain
- Tap on the small ‘i’ next to the person’s icon
- Swipe on Hide Alerts
Now, you won’t get an alert when a message comes in the form of a chain.
But if you want to hide messages from a specific person, follow these steps:
- Tap on the contact and then Tap Edit
- Scroll down to Delete Contact and delete the contact
- Open Settings and go to Messages
- Tap on Filter Unknown Senders
Now that you’ve deleted the contact, their messages will be filtered.
How can you set a time limit for the Messages App?
To take more steps for privacy, you can set a limit on screen time for the Messaging app.
- Open Settings App
- Go to Screen Time and tap on Turn On Screen Time
- Select Continue and tap on This is my iPhone
- Select a Screen Time Passcode and then tap on App Limits
- Tap Social Networking and click on Messages. Then, tap Next
- Tap on Time and Days and set the time limit to one minute. Make sure to turn on Block at End of Limit and select Add
This way, you set a time limit for the Messages app and hide your text messages.
How to hide messages using the Notes App?
Additionally, there is one more way to hide messages on your iPhone. That is, by using your Notes App.
- Go to Notes App
- Copy and paste the texts you want to hide on a new note
- Keep a screenshot if there are more details you want to hide. For example, date, time, sender, etc
- Lock your note by swiping it left
- Tap the lock icon and type a password. Instead, you can also use Face or Touch ID
How to hide messages using third-party apps?
Furthermore, there is one more method to hide text messages. Below is a list of third-party apps that can help you hide text messages on your iPhone:
Cover me is an app that hides messages and calls. It’s one of the most popular apps in this regard. It encrypts and hides messages. You can also set up your Touch ID for privacy. It gives you a burner phone number and hides your real number when you text someone.
Signal is an app for hiding messages and calls. It provides encryption. Also, you can turn on the feature of disappearing messages. Furthermore, it deletes messages automatically after a set time limit. Other than texting, you can also use this app for sharing files and for audio and video calling too.
Hide SMS secures your messages with a PIN you choose. In addition, it also has a lot of storage so you can store unlimited messages.
Block SMS and Call
This app is just like its name; it blocks messages and calls. If you install this app, your messages and calls will be hidden.
This app is very secure and hides your messages. Also, it stores your call records. No one will be able to open it unless they draw the right pattern.
Private Message Box
Private Message Box is an app that keeps your messages safe. All you have to do is sign in and send messages to anyone. It will hide your conversations and your contacts as well.
How can you see the hidden texts?
When you hide messages, it doesn’t delete them. You can still see the messages. For example, if you turned off Preview, the message is still in Messages even if you can’t see it. This means, that only the alert is turned off. The message is still there. You can still search for it.
However, if you used a third-party app, it depends on the settings you applied. For instance, if you deleted the messages then you can’t see them. Still, you will be able to see them if you backed them up to iCloud. On the other hand, if messages aren’t deleted, you can still access them.
If you want to learn how you can hide text messages on your iPhone, follow the methods given above. The methods range from turning off Preview to using other apps.