In some situations, BES12 admins may need to create or upgrade the Management database manually instead of using the BES12 Installer.
Note:: To create the BES12 database manually, it’s necessary for Java RE 7.0 to be installed on the server where the CreateDB tool is used.
To create a new BES12 database or upgrade an existing BES5 database to BES12 schema, perform the following steps:
- If the database exists already and is being upgraded, a SQL backup should be taken before proceeding with the upgrade .
- Unzip the BES12 installer package.
- Ensure Java RE v. 7.0 is installed.
JRE 7.0 (jre.exe) can be found in ‘BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12.0.X\tools\ext’
- Browse to ‘\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12.0.1\tools\ext\UnlimitedJCEPolicy’
- Copy local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar into ‘<java_install_dir>\jre7\lib\security’.
Note: If local_policy.jar is already present in the Security folder, it should be replaced with the one from the BES12 install.
- Browse to ‘\BlackBerry Enterprise Service 12.0.X\db’ in the unzipped BES12 software.
- Edit CreateDB.properties and update it accordingly with the SQL environment details:
- SQL server name
- Database Name
Note: If Windows Trusted Authentication (INTEGRATED) is used and server is running BES12Ã‚Â versionÃ‚Â 12.0, the AD user along with the Domain has to be specified in the relevant field;
(for example: configuration.database.ng.windows.user=Domain\BESAdmin).
This does not apply on BES12 version 12.1 and laterÃ‚Â sinceÃ‚Â configuration.database.ng.windows.user is no longerÃ‚Â required.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Complete one of the following applicable steps:
To create a new BES12 database:
Type ‘CreateDB.bat install CreateDB.properties’, and hit Enter.
To upgrade an existing BES5 database to BES12 schema:
Type ‘CreateDB.bat upgrade CreateDB.properties’, and hit Enter.
- To create a new BES12 database:
Once the database is created, the BES Administrator can install BES12:
- Log in using the BESAdmin account.
- Launch BES12 setup and install BES12.
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]