BlackBerry has sent out invites for a press event on November 7, in New Delhi India, where the company will make a ‘strategic business announcement.’
The event will be hosted by Narendra Nayak, MD BlackBerry India and Alex Thurber, Senior VP, Device Sales at BlackBerry.
While there is no mention of what the event will centre on, it is expected that BlackBerry will provide more details on their enterprise software push in the country, and the probable launch of the DTEK60 smartphone.
Last June, BlackBerry reiterated their position in India, partnering with HCL Infosystems, a leading VAR with coverage across 15,000 towns in 664 districts in India, further expanding the company’s software vendor and solution portfolio.
At the time, Richard McLeod, Vice President Global Channels at BlackBerry stated that India was still a priority for the company,
“India is a priority for BlackBerry’s enterprise software business and we are focused on delivering the best possible experience to our business customers in this market.
By working with an established partner like HCL Infosystems in India, we aim to create growth for our partners while giving our customers wider access to our leading suite of enterprise solutions with world-class support, helping organizations advance their mobility strategies.”
Internal sources point to the launch of BlackBerry’s latest secure Android phone in the DTEK series, the DTEK60.
DTEK60 is the second device in the DTEK series of Android smartphones. It provides enterprises and organizations with full access to the Android ecosystem and higher-end specs to help power productivity. It comes equipped with all the security features that BlackBerry’s Android OS devices have, including best-in-class security patching and the DTEK by BlackBerry app that allows users to monitor and control their privacy on their phone.
Features available on the DTEK60 include:
- Fingerprint Sensor: For quick and convenient turn on and unlock, the BlackBerry Fingerprint Sensor provides added security for unlocking your phone, accessing Password Keeper and making purchases – including Android Pay. Add up to five fingerprints which are fully encrypted with security you can trust.
- BlackBerry Intelligent Keyboard: DTEK60 has a smart keyboard designed to learn from users and increase typing accuracy and speed. It provides word suggestions as you type and includes up to three languages, letting you flick them into place for faster conversations.
- BlackBerry Hub: This unified inbox is an irreplaceable tool for consolidating all of your messages in one place – whether it is email, calendar, social or phone calls.
- Customizable BlackBerry Convenience Key: With the press of a button, the Convenience Key provides quick access to your most used applications and more.
- Stunning Screen: DTEK60 has a 5.5″ Quad HD display, capable of displaying 16 million colors. The screen is made of scratch-resistant glass and features a specialized oleophobic coating to protect against smudges and fingerprints.
- Expandable Memory: With support for micro SD cards up to 2 TB, DTEK60 provides the flexibility to add affordable and hot-swappable memory to download, install, capture and share as your needs evolve.
- Dazzling Camera: DTEK60 is engineered to deliver professional-looking photos with an 8MP front facing camera and a 21MP auto-focus rear camera. Plus, features like Phase Detection Auto Focus and a dual-tone LED flash are designed to help the camera focus instantly and accurately for a blur-free, realistic looking photos, even in low light.
- Long Lasting Battery: DTEK60 packs a 3000 mAh battery with enough power to withstand up to 24 hours of mixed use.
|Size||153.9 mm x 75.4 mm x 6.99 mm|
2560 x 1440, 16:9 aspect ratio, 534 ppi, AMOLED
|Navigation||All-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation|
|Keyboard||On screen BlackBerry Keyboard; Contextual auto-correction, next-word
prediction and a personalised learning engine that gets to know the way you
type with on screen flick typing or seamless flow typing
|Dedicated Keys||Volume Up/Down, Lock (Power On/Off), Customizable BlackBerry
Convenience Key usable as Mute Key when on an Active Call
|Memory||4 GB RAM
32 GB Flash
Hot-swappable MicroSD slot (up to 2 TB)
|Ports||USB Type-C Connector at bottom of device (USB 2.0 supported)|
|Battery||3000 mAh non-removable Lithium Ion battery
24 hours mixed use
QC 3.0 Fast Charge Capable
|Rear Camera||21 MP Auto-Focus, Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF), Fast focus lock,
HDR, 6-element f2.0 lens, dual tone LED Flash — Enhanced photo color
balance, 4x digital zoom, Continuous & touch to focus, face detection,
video image stabilization, Full manual controls, Panorama, Burst, Live
Filters, Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement, 4K HD Video Recording at 30 fps, 720p HD Video Recording at 120 fps
|Front Camera||8 MP Fixed-Focus, f2.2, 1.125um pixel size, 84° wide angle / fi eld of view
lens, HDR, Live Filters, video image stabilization, Multi-Frame Low Light
Enhancement, 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, Selfi e Flash, Wide
North America and Latin America
FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 20, 29
HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz)
Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific
FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 19, 20, 28A
TD-LTE 38, 40, 41 (2600/2300/2500 MHz)
HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz)
Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
|Wi-Fi®||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz, 802.11 a/n 5GHz, 802.11 ac 5GHz,
4G Mobile Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct
|Bluetooth®||Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy (LE) and EDR|
|GPS||Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS, GLONASS, Beidou,
Pre-loaded Google Maps
|NFC||NFC technology is used to create a connection to share information between
your BlackBerry device and other NFC-enabled devices or NFC tags
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]