MozillaÃ‚Â are launching a new contribution program aimed at accelerating the build of Firefox OS for tablets and its supporting ecosystem. To do this, they will provide dedicated contributors with access to resources and reference tablet hardware.
Mozilla are working closely with partners like Foxconn and developers on the tablet development of Firefox OS. Because Firefox OS is built on the Web, and the Web is a truly extensible platform, they can continue to optimize Firefox OS for smartphones, while also building for tablets and different uses around the world with the help of our community.
Initial Partners and Hardware:
1280Ãƒâ€”800 24bit color
Mozilla will be working with partners like Foxconn to expand this program for more developers and contributors soon.
How the program will work:
- The program will start in the coming weeks, when we will share more details about how contributors can apply to receive a reference tablet.
- We will work together to complete the tablet version of Firefox OS.
- We will provide guidance on where we need contributions to complete the tablet version of Firefox OS.
- Nightly builds will be offered for developers to keep up to date.
- All program details will be posted here on Hacks in the coming weeks
Who the program is aimed at:
- Developers interested in or with previous knowledge of developing for the core Firefox OS (focus on Gecko/GFX, Gaia, UX, Productivity and Systems Apps).
- Firefox OS localizers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ to help localize and translate the tablet version of Firefox OS for global markets.
- Testers and bug fixers Ã¢â‚¬â€œ we will be calling for participation from both people who can test the latest tablet builds and file bugs and also developers who can file and fix bugs.
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”icon-users”][/signoff]Via