LG has today unveiled its second generation Flex smartphone, the LG G Flex 2.
LG G Flex 2 is the first smartphone to feature the 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with octa-core 2.0GHz CPU under the hood. Apart from spectacular hardware configuration, the device comes with the combination of G3Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s practical design and original G FlexÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s dynamic curves.
The G Flex 2 is smaller than the original, with a 5-inch display, but it packs a sharper 1080p resolution display. It also offers either 2GB or 3GB of RAM, depending on where itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s sold, 16GB or 32GB of storage, an improved 13-megapixel camera that offers both hardware and software advancements over last yearÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s model, a more scratch resistant back cover and front panel, a microSD card slot that supports up to an insane 2TB of storage and an octa-core 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor.
LG G Flex 2 measures 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 9.44mm (at the thinnest and thickest spots respectively).
LG claims that the curved display on the G Flex 2 is about 20% tougher than what the previous model sported. Furthermore, the company claims to have enhanced the speed of the self-healing back panel. The one on the original G Flex took about three minutes to heal, while you can now see scratches disappear in about 10 seconds at room temperature on the new panel.
The connectivity options of the G Flex 2 includes 4G LTE, HSPA+ 21/42Mbps, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS, GLONASS and USB 2.0.
On the software front, the G Flex 2 will come out of the box with Android 5.0 Lollipop. The smartphone also brings three new gesture controls Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Gesture shot, Gesture View and Glance View. We have already seen the Gesture shot mode on the companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s flagship smartphone, the G3, while the Gesture View allows you to easily check the last photo after capture it. You can view the time, recent messages, missed calls and notifications on the display using the Glance View.
ThereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a 3,000mAh battery powering the smartphone and the back panel is removable. Furthermore, the battery comes with fast charge support, which according to the company charges to 50% in 40 minutes.
Practical Solutions for User Convenience
The G Flex2Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s curve-enhanced user experience carries over to software as well. It comes fully loaded with the best of LGÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s unique software features optimized for its curved form factor:
- Gesture Shot makes it easy to capture the perfect selfie with a simple hand gesture recognizable from up to 1.5 meters away.
- Gesture View makes it easy to check your last shot immediately after taking a photo or selfie.
- Glance View displays key information such as time, recent messages or missed calls with a downward swipe of the curved screen even while the display is off.
- Fast Charge allows the embedded 3,000mAh battery in the G Flex2 Ã¢â‚¬â€ the only curved mobile battery in the world to be charged up to 50 percent in under 40 minutes.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The original G Flex demonstrated LGÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s pioneering spirit and with the G Flex2 we have refined the curved form factor, staying true to our philosophy of innovation for a better life,Ã¢â‚¬Â said Juno Cho, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The G Flex2 not only has the stunning looks, it also has the powerful guts to be at the cutting edge of current smartphone technology. Simply put, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a true head-turner in every sense of the word.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Key Specifications (may vary depending on market):
- Chipset: QualcommÃ‚Â® SnapdragonÃ¢â€žÂ¢ 810 processor with 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-Core CPU
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD Curved P-OLED (1080 x 1920 pixels / 403 ppi)
- Memory: 16/32MB eMMC ROM / 2GB DDR4 RAM / microSD slot (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ with Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Size: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21/42 Mbps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X) 4.1, NFC,
LG G Flex 2 will be available in Platinum Silver and Flamenco Red color options. The device will go on sale in South Korea by the end of January and will launch across the globe soon after.[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]