HTC offers Windows platform on flagship device, blends premium hardware with unique software experience
HTC today unveiled the HTCÃ‚Â OneÃ‚Â (M8) for Windows, marking the first time an iconic flagship device offers multiple operating systems.
This new smartphone combines the stunning, award-winning design and experiences of the HTCÃ‚Â OneÃ‚Â (M8) with the latest Windows Phone software on America’s largest and most reliable network. Verizon Wireless is the exclusive launch partner for the HTCÃ‚Â OneÃ‚Â (M8) for Windows, and it will be available in stores and online, with online sales beginning atÃ‚Â noon EDT today and in stores tomorrow.
Unmistakably the One
The HTC One (M8) for Windows offers the same premium design of HTC’s award-winning HTCÃ‚Â OneÃ‚Â (M8), which features an all-metal unibody design and an elegantly curved back to match the hand’s contours.
The unique experiences of the original HTC One (M8) have been brought to the Windows Phone version, including HTC BlinkFeedÃ‚Â®, HTC BoomSoundÃ¢â€žÂ¢, Duo Camera with UltraPixelÃ¢â€žÂ¢, Video Highlights, a 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera and support for the HTC Dot ViewÃ¢â€žÂ¢ case.
- HTC BlinkFeed is uniquely integrated into the Live Tile layout and provides quick access to the content and social networks that matter most.
- HTC BoomSound features dual front-facing speakers and a unique sound profile that deepens bass, enhances vocals and fine tunes track details for a rich, immersive listening experience.
- The signature HTC One Duo Camera with UltraPixel technology captures remarkable low-light images and offers a variety of after-effects for added artistic flair or humor.
- Video Highlights offer consumers an easy and entertaining way to easily create mini-movies and animated picture reels set to music*.
- A 5MP front-facing camera with wide-angle lens excels at taking personal pictures that let you capture more in the shot Ã¢â‚¬â€œ more people, more scenery.
- The uniquely designed HTC Dot View case provides consumers with instant phone access while the case is still closed. Users can answer calls, receive email & text notifications, check weather and more. And with the Dot View Case for the HTC One (M8) for Windows, personal digital assistant Cortana can help with reminders, queries and chit chat without having to open the case.
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is also covered by HTC Advantage, which provides the industry’s only free cracked screen replacement program, along with a commitment to support timely software updates.**
“Consumers love the HTC One (M8) and today’s introduction extends that enthusiasm to new audiences hungry for choice in their mobile experience,” saidÃ‚Â Jason Mackenzie, president of HTC Americas.
“HTC fills a gap in the market for unique devices that put a premium on form and function. Microsoft shares our vision, and that’s why we committed to bringing the Windows Phone platform to the HTC One (M8).”
HTC One Plus a New OS Experience
Under the hood is Windows Phone 8.1 Update, which incorporates a host of meaningful innovations:
- Cortana, Windows Phone’s truly personal digital assistant, makes her HTC debut in this phone. Adept at searching for sushi and setting calendar appointments, Cortana also offers the ability to proactively warn you when it’s time to leave for your next appointment or remind you to pick up milk on the way home.
- Action Center provides one swipe access to all your recent notifications and messages, as well as programmable quick settings.
Apps CornerÃ‚Â sandboxes apps and folders into a protected area of the phone.
- Small business owners can use their HTC One (M8) for Windows as a point of sale device without making personal information available.
- Users can separate personal and professional information, creating distinct experiences for work and pleasure in a single device.
- Windows Phone takes on the chores of battery, data and storage management, and keying in passwords for known Wi-Fi networks, allowing users more time to explore the phone’s innovative functionality that truly puts consumer needs first.
“The HTC One (M8) for Windows is true to the flagship product’s award-winning design and unique experience while also taking the best of what Windows Phone has to offer,” saidÃ‚Â Darren Laybourn, corporate vice president of engineering for Microsoft.
“We succeeded in offering customers the best of both our worlds with this phone.”
The HTC One (M8) for Windows is available beginning atÃ‚Â noon EDTÃ‚Â today, exclusively through Verizon Wireless online for a promotional price of $99.99Ã‚Â with a new two-year contract for a limited time orÃ‚Â $29.99Ã‚Â per month on Verizon Edge, and available in stores tomorrow.
Additionally, Microsoft Stores will sell the device with Verizon Wireless service and a special offer for a free HTC Dot View Case and screen protector forÃ‚Â $25. The retro styling of HTC Dot View, HTC’s intuitive and eye-catching case that shows calls and alerts through a protective shell, is available as an accessory for the HTC One (M8) for Windows.[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”icon-users”][/signoff]