BlackBerry’s DTEK50, is now available in Germany on monthly contract from 1&1.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â DTEK50 is BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s second smartphone powered by Android, following the PRIV.
Fully equipped with Android Marshmallow 6.0, DTEK50 combines BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s unique security, privacy and productivity with the full Android experience in an all-touch design, at a price point thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s accessible for consumers and ideal for enterprise fleet deployment.
Android Security at the Forefront
DTEK50 was designed to address the security and privacy needs of todayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s uncompromising Android users. Smartphones are increasingly being targeted for cyberattacks through tactics like malicious apps, scareware notifications and insecure Wi-Fi connections. BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Android smartphones, including DTEK50 and PRIV, have unique built-in hardware security.
DTEK50 encrypts all usersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ information, including business critical data and personal data such as pictures, videos and contacts. Malware protection is also built-in along with back-up, wipe and restore capabilities. Additional software provides users with visibility and control over which apps get access to personal info or device features such as the microphone or camera. BlackBerry also delivers security patches on the same day that Google publicly releases information about them, while many popular Android smartphones put the usersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates.
Features that make DTEK50 the most secure Android smartphone, include:
- Rapid Security Patching: BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches, setting the bar in incident response and patch management to protect your device from malicious threats.
- DTEK by BlackBerry App: Enables users to automatically monitor their OS and apps to know when their privacy could be at risk and to take action to improve it. The DTEK app also tracks applications and notifies you when someone is: taking pictures or videos without your knowledge, turning your microphone on, sending a text message, or accessing your contacts or location.
- Hardware Root of Trust: BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s manufacturing process uses a proprietary technique that adds security from the start, allowing for the tracking, verification and provisioning of DTEK50.
- Secure Boot Process: Starting with the root of trust, each stage of DTEK50Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s secure boot chain must first verify that the next component is fully intact before proceeding, ensuring your device has not been tampered with since the last restart.
- Android OS hardening: BlackBerry provides additional security patches, improved random number, address space generation and certificate pinning to make it more difficult for attackers to target a device by scrambling application/system memory.
- FIPS 140-2 Compliant Full Disk Encryption: Protects your private information, like pictures or bank information, from being stolen if you were to lose your phone.
Ready to Work
DTEK50 combines the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most secure smartphone with BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s enterprise management solutions to produce a powerful device capable of powering any work day. Key features include:
- Android for Work and Google Play for Work: Allows for fast, simple and secure integration with an enterprise environment as well as easy access to numerous rich business and IT-managed apps.
- Full Enterprise Mobility Management Support: DTEK50 supports BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s powerful suite of EMM applications and secure productivity solutions, including: WatchDox by BlackBerry for secure file-sharing, Good Work for business-class email and collaboration tools, Strong Authentication by BlackBerry as a VPN solution, SecuSUITE for Enterprise for secure voice and instant messaging communication, BBM Protected for encrypted messaging and BES12 for secure cross-platform management.
Design Meets Function
DTEK50, BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s thinnest device ever, represents the best of BlackBerry with Android to make users more productive and responsive, pairing security with intelligent design. Key features include:
- BlackBerry Intelligent Keyboard: DTEK50 has a smart keyboard designed to learn from users and increase typing accuracy and speed. It provides word suggestions as you type and includes up to three languages, letting you flick them into place for faster conversations.
- BlackBerry Hub: This unified inbox is an irreplaceable tool for consolidating all of your messages in one place Ã¢â‚¬â€œ whether itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s email, calendar, social or phone calls.
- Customizable BlackBerry Convenience Key: With the press of a button, the Convenience Key provides quick access to your most used applications and more.
- Stunning Screen: DTEK50 has a 5.2Ã¢â‚¬Â full HD display, capable of displaying 16 million colors. The screen is made of scratch-resistant glass and features a specialized oleophobic coating to protect against smudges and fingerprints.
- Expandable Memory: With support for micro SD cards up to two TB, DTEK50 provides the flexibility to add affordable and hot-swappable memory to download, install, capture and share as your needs evolve.
- Dazzling Camera: DTEK50 is engineered to deliver professional-looking photos with an 8MP front facing camera and a 13MP auto-focus rear camera. Plus, features like Phase Detection Auto Focus and a dual-tone LED flash are designed to help the camera focus instantly and accurately for a blur-free, realistic looking photos, even in low light.
Security can seem complicated, but DTEK50Ã‚Â makes it simple for you. DTEK by BlackBerry for Android will automatically monitor your OS and apps and let you know when your privacy could be at risk and how you can take action to improve it. With just a quick glimpse you can see the overall security rating for your deviceÃ¢â‚¬â€excellent, fair or poorÃ¢â‚¬â€and what you can do to improve it. DTEK also tracks your applications and notifies you when someone is:
- Taking pictures or videos without your knowledge
- Turning your microphone on
- Sending a text message
- Accessing your contacts or location
BlackBerry Takes Your Security Seriously
BlackBerry lives and breathes security and has taken extra steps to help protect you from malware, data breaches and any attempts to hack and tamper with your OS. DTEK50Ã‚Â is packed with lots of other security features:
- Encryption protects your pictures or bank info from being stolen if you lose your phone
- Password Keeper to securelyÃ‚Â storeÃ‚Â all your passwords, log in information and important records
Take control and be confident knowing your personal data is being kept private.
Ready for Enterprise Adoption
DTEK50Ã‚Â comes ready to work. Ã‚Â Android for Work support allows for fast, simple and secure integration with your enterprise environment.Ã‚Â Google Play for WorkÃ‚Â enables easy access to IT managed apps. BlackBerry offers a one-stop shop for the most comprehensive mobility packageÃ¢â‚¬â€the worldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most secure smartphones and BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s a powerful combination that will enable your business and employees to achieve amazing results.
BlackBerry Productivity & Security Plug-ins
Open the door to a suite of powerful BlackBerry applications that further enhance productivity and security.
- WatchDoxÃ‚Â by BlackBerry: A secure, intuitive file-sharing solution with granular document and permission control.
- Good Work: business-class email and collaboration tools to enhance productivity, full integration with Microsoft Office, and easy access to managed work apps.
- Strong Authentication by BlackBerry: A VPN solution that uses DTEK50Ã‚Â as a secondary factor for authentication rather than requiring physical tokens, shared secrets, or passcodes.
- SecuSUITEÃ‚Â for Enterprise: A background anti-eavesdropping solution that provides a high level of security for voice and instant messaging communications.
- BBMÃ‚Â Protected: A hardened version of BBM that strengthens encryption on messages, allowing the app to be used for collaboration in regulated industries.
- BlackBerry Enterprise Identity: a single sign-on (SSO) identity that enables easy access to all cloud services from any deviceÃ¢â‚¬â€inside or outside of the office.
- BES12: your mobile traffic travels over the secure BlackBerry network to ensure data security, across iOS, Android, WindowsÃ‚Â and BlackBerryÃ‚Â devices, protecting your most important assetÃ¢â‚¬â€your business data.
The new BlackBerry DTEK50 is availableÃ‚Â with 24-month contractsÃ‚Â and you can pick one upÃ‚Â for free with the All-Net Flat Basic, All-Net-Flat Plus and All-Net-Flat Pro plans from EUR 24.99, EUR 34.99 and EUR 44.99 per month.
With the All-Net-Flat Special tariff from EUR 19.99 per month, the DTEK50 will cost youÃ‚Â EUR 99.99.
Height 147 mm / 5.79 in
Width 72.5 mm / 2.85 in
Depth 7.4 mm / 0.29 in
135g / 4.76 oz
All-touch screen, with intuitive gesture based navigation
On screen BlackBerryÃ‚Â® Keyboard
Contextual auto-correction, next-word prediction and a personalised learning engine that gets to know the way you type with on screen flick typing or seamless flow typing.
Volume Up/Down, Lock (for Power On/Off)
Customisable BlackBerry Convenience Key (usable as Mute Key when on an active call)
1920 x 1080 resolution
24-bit colour depth
16:9 aspect ratio
Qualcomm 8952 with 64 bit Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 and Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (Snapdragon 617 Octa-Core, 64 bit)
Adreno 405, 550MHz GPU
3 GB RAM
16 GB Flash
Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD memory card (Up to 2TB)
USB 2.0 fully supported with standard microUSB 2.0 cable (included in box)
2610 mAh 4.4V non-removable Lithium Ion battery QC2.0 Enabled Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 50% charge in 51 minutes
Up to 17 hours mixed battery life
Up to 17 hours talk time
Up to 24 days standby time
Up to 40 hours audio playback
Up to 8 hours video playback
Camera & Video
13 megapixel auto-focus camera
Phase Detect Auto Focus (PDAF), Fast focus lock
6-element f2.0 lens
Dual Tone LED Flash Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Enhanced photo colour balance
4x digital zoom
Continuous & touch to focus, face detection, image stabilisation
Panorama, Burst, Live Filters
Multi-frame Low Light Enhancement
1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
8MP Fixed-Focus, f2.2
1.125um pixel size
84Ã‹Å¡ wide angle/field of view lens
Image & video stabilisation
1080p HD video recording at 30 fps
Wide Selfie Mode (also known as Selfie Panorama)
Multi-Frame Low Light Enhancement
BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, WEBP
Audio & video formats
3GP, 3G2, AAC, AVI, ADTS, ASF, AWB, DIVX, FLAC, IMY, MID, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPEG-4, MXMF, OGG, OTA, RTTTL, RTX, WAV, WEBM, WMV, XMF
Audio & video
MPEG-4, AAC+, AAC-LC, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, DivX, EVRC, FLAC, H.263, H.264, H265/HEVC, MIDI, MP3, OPUS, PCM, QCELP, VC-1, VORBIS, VP8, VP9, WMA, WMA 9/10, WMA Pro, Xvid, eAAC+
HTTP(S) Progressive Download, HTTP(S) Live Streaming (HLS) version 3, RTSP (RTP, SDP)
BlackBerryÃ‚Â® Keyboard, BlackBerryÃ‚Â® Hub, BlackBerry Calendar, Contacts by BlackBerry, Notes by BlackBerry, Tasks by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Camera, BBMÃ‚Â®, DTEKÃ¢â€žÂ¢ by BlackBerryÃ‚Â®, BlackBerry Device Search, BlackBerry Launcher, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry Help, BlackBerry Password Keeper, Microsoft exFAT Technology for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Content Transfer, Yahoo!Ã‚Â® Finance
Gmail, Hangouts, Google Chrome, Google Drive, Google Maps, YouTube, Google Play, Google Photos, Messenger (SMS), Android Device Manager
Alerts & Notifications
On-screen or white LED indicator
(Some notification options are user configurable)
Networks & Connectivity
North America and Latin America:
FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 20, 29, 30(2100/1900/1800/1700/850/2600/700/700/800/700/2300 MHz)
HSPA+ 1, 2, 4, 5, 8 (2100/1900/1700/850/900 MHz)
Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific:
FD-LTE 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28A (2100/1900/1800/2600/900/800/700 MHz)
TD-LTE 38, 40, 41 (2600/2300/2500 MHz)
HSPA+ 1, 2, 5/6, 8 (2100/1900/850/900 MHz)
Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
802.11 a/n 5GHz
802.11 ac 5GHz
4G Mobile Hotspot
Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy (LE) and EDR
Assisted, Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS
Support for User Plane and Control Plane GPS
Pre-loaded Google Maps
NFC technology is used to create a connection to share information between your BlackBerry device and other NFC-enabled devices or NFC tags. Features on DTEK50 that use NFC technology include Android Beam, Tap and Pay, and Tap and Go.
Google TalkBack screen reader for audible output
Face-to-face video chat with Google Hangouts
Google Now voice assistance to answer questions and perform actions
Scalable fonts and magnification to zoom in or zoom out
Closed Captioning support
High contrast text, colour inversion and colour correction
Certain models rated for use with hearing aids
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]