BlackBerry today announced the availability of BlackBerry Leap in Singapore. From May 23, companies looking for enterprise fleet renewals will be able to purchase BlackBerry Leap through select carriers and partners.
Cameron Vernest, Managing Director for Singapore at BlackBerry, said:
Ã¢â‚¬Å“With an all-touch screen, the BlackBerry Leap rounds out our portfolio of BlackBerry 10 devices, offering an affordable choice to mobile professionals who require a smartphone that safeguards sensitive communications and keeps them productive.Ã¢â‚¬Â
BlackBerry Leap features the latest BlackBerryÃ‚Â® 10.3.1 operating system, a brilliant edge-to-edge five-inch HD display and more than a full dayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s battery power. Top features of the BlackBerry Leap include:
- Security to Maintain Privacy Ã¢â‚¬â€œ You can feel safe in the knowledge that BlackBerry Leap was designed with the highest standards of security in mind to protect your privacy. It is equipped with support for encryption, plus built-in malware protection and back-up, wipe and restore. All to give you control and help secure your data against the next embarrassing and potentially costly cyberattack.
- Battery That Powers Through a Full Day Ã¢â‚¬â€œ With up to 25 hours of heavy use,* the BlackBerry Leap will power through even your most demanding day. The impressiveÃ‚Â 2800 mAh battery and optimization of power consumption in BlackBerry 10 gives users more than a full day of productive usage.
- Best-in-Class BlackBerry Keyboard Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Type faster and more accurately on a touchscreen keyboard that learns how you write. With superior error correction, multi-language support, customized adaption and flow, BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s touchscreen keyboard helps to reduce the mistakes and missteps that can hold you back.
BlackBerry 10 OS 10.3.1 Ã¢â‚¬â€œBlackBerry Leap comes preloaded with the new BlackBerry 10.3.1 operating system, offering a fresh look that incorporates updated icons and an instant action bar so that usersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ most commonly accessed functions are in the center of their screen. Additional features include:
- BlackBerry Blend Ã¢â‚¬â€œ BlackBerry Blend brings messaging and content that is on your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer and tablet. Get instant message notifications, read and respond to your work and personal email, BBMÃ¢â€žÂ¢ or text messages, and access your documents, calendar, contacts and media in real time on whatever device you are on, powered by your BlackBerry. BlackBerry Blend works across desktop operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.7 +, WindowsÃ‚Â® 7+ and AndroidÃ¢â€žÂ¢ tablets running Android 4.4+ via cellular, USB or Wi-Fi connections.
- BlackBerry Assistant Ã¢â‚¬â€œ The BlackBerry Assistant is BlackBerryÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s first digital assistant and can be used with voice and text commands to help users manage work and personal email, contacts, calendar and other native BlackBerry 10 applications. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the only smartphone assistant on the market today that can access both personal and work content in your work perimeter. BlackBerry Assistant intelligently determines how to respond to you based on how you interact with it Ã¢â‚¬â€œ if you type, it responds silently, if you speak, it speaks back and if you activate over Bluetooth, it speaks back with additional context because it assumes you might not have access to the screen.
Dual app storefronts preloaded for access to a huge selection of apps for work and play:
- BlackBerry World Ã¢â‚¬â€œ BlackBerry World offers essential business and productivity apps for professionals looking to drive efficient communications and collaboration including Box, Evernote, Cisco WebEx Meetings and Documents to Go.
- Amazon Appstore Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Discover and download popular Android apps and games through the Amazon Appstore including Candy Crush Saga, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Kindle and Amazon Shopping.
BlackBerry Leap will be on sale in Singapore from May 23, through M1Shop outlets island-wide, as well as via the enterprise sales teams of carriers M1, Singtel and StarHub.
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]