New breakthrough innovationsÃ¢â‚¬â€Dynamic Perspective, Firefly button, and more
Seamless integration with AmazonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s vast ecosystemÃ¢â‚¬â€over 33 million songs, apps, games, movies,
TV shows, books, and more
Only smartphone with Mayday, ASAP, X-Ray, and Second Screen
Dynamic Perspective SDK and Firefly SDK now available
Fire is available exclusively onÃ‚Â AT&T
Limited time, introductory offerÃ¢â‚¬â€12 months of Prime included
Amazon today unveiled Fire, the first smartphone designed byÃ‚Â Amazon. Fire is the only smartphone with Dynamic Perspective and Firefly, two new breakthrough technologies that allow you to see and interact with the world through a whole new lens. Dynamic Perspective uses a new sensor system to respond to the way you hold, view, and move Fire, enabling experiences not possible on other smartphones. Firefly quickly recognizes things in the real worldÃ¢â‚¬â€web and email addresses, phone numbers, QR and bar codes, movies, music, and millions of products, and lets you take action in secondsÃ¢â‚¬â€all with the simple press of the Firefly button.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Fire Phone puts everything you love about AmazonÃ‚Â in the palm of your handÃ¢â‚¬â€instant access to AmazonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s vast content ecosystem and exclusive features like the Mayday button, ASAP, Second Screen, X-Ray, free unlimited photo storage, and more,Ã¢â‚¬Â saidÃ‚Â Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com Founder and CEO.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“The Firefly button lets you identify printed web and email addresses, phone numbers, QR and bar codes, artwork, and over 100 million items, including songs, movies, TV shows, and productsÃ¢â‚¬â€and take action in seconds. We invented a new sensor system called Dynamic Perspective that recognizes where a userÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s head is relative to the deviceÃ¢â‚¬â€we use it to offer customers a more immersive experience, one-handed navigation, and gestures that actually work. And this is only the beginningÃ¢â‚¬â€the most powerful inventions are the ones that empower others to unleash their creativityÃ¢â‚¬â€thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s why today we are launching the Dynamic Perspective SDK and the Firefly SDKÃ¢â‚¬â€we canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t wait to see how developers surprise us.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Dynamic PerspectiveÃ¢â‚¬â€Immersive Smartphone Experience
Dynamic Perspective uses four ultra-low power specialized cameras and four infrared LEDs built into the front face of Fire, a dedicated custom processor, sophisticated real-time computer vision algorithms, and a new high-performing and power-efficient graphics rendering engine. Dynamic Perspective features include:
- One-handed gestures:Ã‚Â Auto-scroll, tilt, swivel and peek for quicker, easier navigation and a better media and entertainment experience. For example, with auto-scroll, customers can read a long web page or a book without ever having to touch the screen; tilt in Amazon Music shows song lyrics; swivel instantly reveals quick actions; peek in Maps shows layered information like Yelp ratings and reviews.
- Immersive apps and games:Ã‚Â Dynamic Perspective enables a new class of apps and games that are more immersive, and make it quicker and easier for the user to access information. For example, peek to instantly see close-up front and back views of a dress in the new Amazon Shopping app for Fire. In games likeÃ‚Â Lili, take on the characterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s viewpoint and move your head to look around corners, obstacles, and other objects.
- Enhanced Carousel:Ã‚Â Stay productive with real-time updates and take action right from the home screenÃ¢â‚¬â€triage email, find recent photos, access most visited websites, return missed calls, view appointments, and more. Developers can customize the contents of their dynamic app and how it responds to user actions. For example, ZillowÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s app in the carousel shows property information based on the location, so customers can access search results on nearby homes from the carousel without having to launch theÃ‚Â ZillowÃ‚Â app. USA TODAY shows headlines most relevant to customerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s interestÃ¢â‚¬â€someone who frequents football in the Sports section will see those related headlines appear in the carousel.
Starting today,Ã‚Â AmazonÃ‚Â is introducing the Dynamic Perspective SDK that enables developers to build new experiences with this groundbreaking technology. Learn more about the SDK at http://developer.amazon.com/firephone.
Firefly TechnologyÃ¢â‚¬â€œIlluminate Your World
Firefly combines AmazonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s deep catalog of physical and digital content with multiple image, text and audio recognition technologies to quickly identify web and email addresses, phone numbers, QR and bar codes, plus over 100 million items, including movies, TV episodes, songs, and products. Simply press and hold the dedicated Firefly button to discover helpful information and take action in seconds.
- Printed phone numbers, email, web addresses, QR, and bar codes:Ã‚Â Firefly identifies printed textÃ‚Â on signs, posters, magazines and business cardsÃ¢â‚¬â€make a call, send an email, save as a contact, or go to the website without typing out long URLs or email addresses.
- 245,000 movies and TV episodes, and 160 live TV channels:Ã‚Â Firefly recognizes movies and TV episodes, and uses IMDb for X-Ray to show actors, plot synopses, and related contentÃ¢â‚¬â€add titles to Watch List or download and start watching immediately.
- 35 million songs:Ã‚Â Firefly recognizes music and usesÃ‚Â AmazonÃ‚Â MusicÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rich catalog to show information about the artistÃ¢â‚¬â€play more songs, add them to your Wish List, or download instantly to your Fire. Developers, such as iHeartRadio and StubHub, used the SDK to build Firefly-enabled apps, so customers can create a new radio station based on the song or find concert tickets for the artist.
- 70 million products, including household items, books, DVDs, CDs, video games, and more:Ã‚Â Access product details, add items to your Wish List, or order onÃ‚Â Amazon.com.
The Firefly SDK is available starting today so developers can invent new ways to use this advanced technology. Later this year, Firefly will include artwork recognition, foreign language translation, and wine label recognition powered by Vivino. Learn more about the SDK at http://developer.amazon.com/firephone.
Amazon Exclusive Features and Vast Digital EcosystemÃ¢â‚¬â€All Deeply Integrated
Fire seamlessly integrates AmazonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s vast digital ecosystem for instant access to over 33 million songs, apps, games, movies, TV shows, books, audiobooks, and magazines, including thousands of exclusives.Ã‚Â Plus, Prime members get unlimited streaming of tens of thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost with Prime Instant Video, over 500,000 books to borrow with the Kindle OwnersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Ã‚Â Lending Library, and the all-new Prime MusicÃ¢â‚¬â€unlimited streaming and download of more than a million songs and hundreds of expert-programmed playlistsÃ¢â‚¬â€all at no additional cost.
Fire deeply integratesÃ‚Â AmazonÃ‚Â exclusive services:
- MaydayÃ‚Â is now available over 3G and 4G, in addition to Wi-FiÃ¢â‚¬â€simply hit the Mayday button in quick actions and anÃ‚Â AmazonÃ‚Â expert will appear via live video to co-pilot you through any feature on the device.Ã‚Â AmazonÃ‚Â experts are able to draw on the screen, talk you through how to do a task, or do it for youÃ¢â‚¬â€whatever works best. Mayday is available 24×7, 365 days a year, and itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s free. AmazonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s response time goal for Mayday is 15 seconds or lessÃ¢â‚¬â€since launch, the average response time has been 9.75 seconds.
- ASAPÃ‚Â (Advanced Streaming and Prediction) predicts which movies and TV episodes youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll want to watch and prepares them for instant playback before you even hit play.
- X-RayÃ‚Â helps you get more from books, music, movies, and TV shows. Explore the bones of a book, including characters, ideas and background with a single tap on the screen; bring the power of IMDb right to Fire for trivia on movies and TV shows; plus, with X-Ray for Music, see synchronized lyrics display while you listen to your favorite song.
- Second ScreenÃ‚Â lets you fling TV shows and movies from Fire phone to your Fire TV, PlayStation or any other Miracast-enabled device. Second Screen turns your TV into the primary screen and frees up Fire phone to provide playback controls and a customized display for X-Ray, all without leaving the TV show or movie youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re watching.
- Free unlimited cloud storage of photos taken with Fire,Ã‚Â automatically backed-up wirelessly and available acrossÃ‚Â AmazonÃ‚Â devices andÃ‚Â Cloud DriveÃ‚Â apps so you have access anywhere.
Beautiful Industrial Design & Powerful Hardware
Built using premium materials, including Gorilla Glass 3 for the rear and front, aluminum buttons, stainless steel details and a rubberized polyurethane grip area, Fire is optimized for beauty, hand comfort and powerful performance:
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.2 GHz processor and 2GB RAMÃ‚Â for excellent fluidity and image rendering.
- 4.7-inch HD displayÃ‚Â with an ambient light sensor and Dynamic Image Contrast that delivers better outdoor viewing.
- Global LTE and connectivityÃ‚Â withÃ‚Â nine bands of LTE, four bands of GSM, five bands of UMTS for better voice coverage and faster data speeds, 802.11ac support, Wi-Fi channel bonding, NFC, and Bluetooth.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital PlusÃ‚Â for a virtual surround sound experience.
- Advanced imaging systemÃ‚Â withÃ‚Â custom-tuned 13MP rear-facing camera with backside illumination, LED flash, 5-elementÃ‚Â f/2.0Ã‚Â lens, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), and high dynamic range (HDR) capabilities for beautiful, crisp photos, even in low-light conditions. Fire also includes a 2.1MP front-facing camera. Both front and rear-facing cameras record smooth 1080p HD videos.
- Reliable backup and restoreÃ‚Â leveraging the experience and operational excellence of Amazon Web Services and its cloud technology. Fire customers can automatically back up device settings, notes, bookmarks, messages, and installed applicationsÃ¢â‚¬â€no need to manually configure or connect to a computer.
Availability & Exclusive Network Partner
Fire ships onÃ‚Â July 25Ã‚Â and is available exclusively on AT&TÃ¢â‚¬â€the nationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s most reliable 4G LTE network. Starting today, customers can pre-order Fire atÃ‚Â www.amazon.com/Fire-Phone,Ã‚Â www.att.comÃ‚Â and inAT&TÃ‚Â retail locations nationwide. Fire with 32GB is available forÃ‚Â $199Ã‚Â with a two-year contractÃ¢â‚¬â€thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s an extra 16GB of memory for the same price as many other premium smartphonesÃ¢â‚¬â€or zero money down for as little asÃ‚Â $27.09Ã‚Â a month fromÃ‚Â AT&TÃ‚Â on Next 18. Fire is also available with 64GB forÃ‚Â $299with a two-year contract or starting atÃ‚Â $31.25/month fromÃ‚Â AT&TÃ‚Â on Next 18.
Limited Time, Introductory Offer
Starting today, customers can take advantage of an introductory, limited time offerÃ¢â‚¬â€buy Fire and get 12 months of Amazon Prime includedÃ¢â‚¬â€FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video, unlimited, ad-free streaming and downloading of over a million songs and hundreds of playlists, and over 500,000 books to borrow from the Kindle OwnersÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Ã‚Â Lending Library. Existing Prime members get an additional 12 months added to their account.[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”icon-users”][/signoff]