BlackBerry Mobile Voice System 5.2 Service Pack 1 now available
A service pack is now available for BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System (MVS) 5.2 that expands PBX interoperability to include Siemens Enterprise Communications HiPath 4000 v6, in addition to existing support for Cisco, Mitel and Avaya PBX’s. The release also supports ITU-T E.164, the international public telecommunication numbering plan, as well as coordinated the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time standard.
A cost effective approach to mobile call recording, BlackBerry MVS integrates with leading third party call recording platforms and provides IT administrators the ability to configure BlackBerry smartphones used to route mobile calls made for business purposes through the corporate phone system, allowing conversations to be captured and archived for future reference.
BlackBerry MVS can help organisations comply with government regulations such as the FSA policy 10/17 (UK) to record calls associated with financial transactions and the Dodd-Frank Act (US) for trading records by logging call detail records of mobile calls in UTC time standard.
Learn About the Benefits of BlackBerry MVS
BlackBerry MVS is designed to increase the productivity of the ever-growing mobile workforce by unifying mobile and desk phone features. It provides users with one business phone number, one caller ID, and one voicemail box that is easily accessed from home, work, or on the go.
- Helps organisations comply with government or regulatory compliance
- Logs call detail records in UTC format and integrates with leading third-party call recording platforms
- Can reduce overall telephony costs
- BlackBerry MVS supports the use of voice over Wi-Fi®, so organizations can reduce their overall mobile telecommunication costs
- Improves productivity
- MVS is designed to improve productivity by reducing the time employees spend checking voicemail and returning calls, and with only one number to reach you, lets workers respond to customers faster
- Provides greater reliability in poor or congested data coverage areas
- BlackBerry MVS helps users by taking or placing calls through an organization’s PBX when mobile data coverage is poor or does not exist
BlackBerry MVS is available globally. To learn more about BlackBerry MVS and how to get it, visit www.blackberry.com/mvs