BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition: Updated Information
There isn’t much time left to qualify for the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 smartphone trade in program.
Your BlackBerry 10 apps need to be built, signed, and submitted to BlackBerry World by January 21, 2013.
In order to be eligible for a Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 smartphone, you must have received a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha testing device, submit a qualifying app, and you must also qualify under the program terms and conditions.
Once you’ve submitted your app and it qualifies, you will receive an email indicating you qualify and instructions on how to trade in your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha testing device.
Here are the answers to some of the most common questions RIM have been receiving.
- When do I have send in my Dev Alpha?
- The Dev Alpha device can be returned anytime. Please keep in mind that the Limited Edition devices will not begin shipping until six to eight weeks after the BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30, 2013.
- You will not receive a Limited Edition device until you return the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha testing device.
- When will I receive my Limited Edition device?
- The Limited Edition devices will begin shipping out six to eight weeks after the BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30, 2013
- Can I still register for a Limited Edition after January 21, 2013?
- Yes, the January 21, 2013 deadline is for submitting your application in to BlackBerry World. The registration for Limited Edition can be completed anytime, using the App ID of an app submitted by January 21, 2013.
- Why have I not received an email yet?
- This is likely because your submission is still in the queue to be validated against the terms and conditions. Once tested, you will receive an email with your qualification status.
If you have more questions, please view the Limited Edition FAQ.