BlackBerry has rolled out an update to their BlackBerry Keyboard for Android app, bringing global gesture support and more.
The updated app includes global gesture support, multiple ways to switch languages and more enterprise security.
The BlackBerry keyboard is probably the best virtual keyboard that exists on Android.
The BlackBerry Keyboard includes a number of components that work together to deliver an optimal user input experience.
BlackBerry Keyboard brings:
- A reinvented physical keyboard that optimizes accuracy, ergonomic comfort and precise control.
- A market disrupting touch sensitive keyboard to help you get things done fast.
- A complementary set of on-screen virtual keyboards for touch interaction and fast access to the most critical text elements
- An intelligent input engine that allows the keyboard to learn and remember words you type often and then offer them as next-word suggestions.
- A set of software capabilities that allows shortcuts to user-defined words and phrases, and more
- Quick and easy creation of text with the renowned BlackBerry Keyboard, featuring auto correction, next word prediction and a Personal Dictionary.
- More efficiency through learning and personalization. The keyboard gets more accurate over time as it learns your style and word selection.
- Text Selection and Fine Cursor Control make it easy to format your work properly and give it a polished and professional appearance.
- Settings that put you in control of your keyboard experience
- Multiple ways to switch languages: You can set a dedicated language key or use the spacebar to choose a keyboard language, making it quicker and easier to change between languages.
- Global gesture support: “Swipe to delete” is now available as a settings option if you’re using Type by Swiping.
- More enterprise security: You can separate vocabulary learned in your personal space from words learned in your work space.
Updated: October 20, 2016
Requirements: Android 5.0 +
[signoff predefined=”Enjoy this?” icon=”users”][/signoff]